Thursday, February 17, 2011

CLOBBERED BY PRECIPITATE!!

(I thank God for the rain that been pelting down in Nairobi and elsewhere in the country. It was becoming expensive to wash each of my jeans after just one wash!! pheeeew... But what violence it has?! Based on a true story! LOL!)

The rain tried to maul me today!!!
It tried and tried to disfigure my face.
This was no usual wet embrace,
But rather the deluge of pluvial primal fury!

It passed a sentence of punishment
Without consulting a jury!
It sent a gust of wind
to whiplash my left cheek into submission,
Then rained hailstones,
the size of golf balls
Without an ounce of hesitation.
It then abruptly changed assault;
And tried to poke out my eyes,
With small leaves and tiny twigs
From the branches by my side.

But even then it wasn’t satisfied...
It commanded its army of droplets
50 million strong,
To assemble in a puddle before me, about as wide as it was long.
I could neither move forward nor retreat
Unlike a beatdown by a bully,
This was the bully getting beatdown!

With this particular barrage
Of what felt like mixed martial arts,
I MUST admit infact,
That I did indeed, concede defeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment