Saturday, July 24, 2010

LOVE IS INCONVENIENT!!!

(Allow me to make a bold statement here...)

LOVE IS INCONVENIENT!!!

If it was up to me,
See,
I would have let go,
A long time ago.
Because never before,
Have I experienced anything so...
Out of my way,
So... inconvenient,
So... exhausting,
With the longing,
And the patience,
When defiance,
Would be a much better approach,
A better way to handle,
The tears,
And the pain.
I’d rather claim,
Irreconcilable emotional differences,
And Usain Bolt,
Straight out the door,
And ignore all;
Than to continue,
On this path‐
With its fears,
And nothing to hold onto,
But a dream...
And a promise...
And a fond memory,
Of what the grand picture is meant to be.

A beautiful blue sky,
Was the theme;
A cloudy moonless night,
Is what we were dealt.

And even as I fight not to let this,
Overwhelm my senses,
I have often thought this “LOVE” thing senseless,
And gross in its entirety!
That’s why I thank God,
That the salvation of humanity,
Rested on another,
And not me.
For love is inconvenient,
And must be unconditional,
Or it isn’t love at all.

7 comments:

  1. very bold!!!!very very bold warrrrt!!!never had conversation where love and gross were used together..
    thank God, God aint human.. if so we'd all be dead!!!
    but on the brighter side, the inconvenient, senseless side of love is what makes it all the more such a powerful weapon!!!
    p.s perfect love drives out fear..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ruby: it's indeed a super thing that God aint man! I hear u.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!true story..!!my friend..cn i pls share?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @hannah: feel free. share it with as many guys as u can:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. walala...u fellow!!!!love...love...love...the greatest thing.and i always say, our God is crazily in love with us...for what r we?who are we that we should be lavished with all that He is?
    through Him we know and see love...and through Him can we show perfect love to one another. for that is what He is...perfect love

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sana: and I guess the way God deals with us is true demonstration of what love is. Just consider how costly it has been and continues to be for God to love us. Its just AMAZING. It elevates my sense of gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He says that we perish because we do not know. It really does pay to know that God is love and that Love is Love. :) Regardless.

    ReplyDelete