Saturday, May 11, 2013

NEWNESS


Here is to 2nd chances.

NEWNESS

God says:
I am the Weaver of Life and so I sew together Adam and Eve,
These were created to be partakers with me;
But in exercising free will,
They flirted with the serpent and departed from MY will;
I tumbled them out of my garden, like Jack and Jill down the hill.
But they were still my children so I blessed their union with Abel and Cain,
Only for jealousy to consume Cain completely,
Killing his brother discretely, CSI Miami.
And as men multiplied, evil multiplied with them,
And so I lined the earth with harpic, and flushed the system.
To my own I called Noah, the connoisseur of species.
I abruptly summoned Abram to leave Haran, changed his name to Abraham the Father of nations,
And out of that lineage came Joseph, the techni-colour coatist,
Moses, the murderer, whom of Israelite slavery ,I used as an abolitionist,
Yet for forty years I Tokyo drifted my people in the desert because they were fast at making me furious,
Until a generation passed and I brought them into the Promised Land.

1200 years later,
My people were still in need of a Saviour;
Someone who would deliver them like a baby after a mother’s labour.
His qualifications would have to be- righteous, spotless, holy and obedient;
He would not only settle the matter, but for future generations of mankind, He would be the precedent.
His name is Jesus!!

Man says:
Righteous for the unrighteous - Jesus!!
Holy for the unholy – Jesus!!
Royalty for a worm like me – Jesus!!

When I pause and consider my life reflected,
You have done too much for me to stand here, calm and collected;
You have saved me from the slaughter, from the fire and now I’m connected;
I was destined for hell and enslaved to sin and my status read, “REJECTED!!”
Infected!! Without a chance of getting to heaven, dejected!!
But your love was after my heart and my pulse it detected,
And though my sin objected,
My heart of stone was melted;
You drew me to You as your own, your selected.

And Calvary?
Yes Calvary!!
My past, present and future met in that instant!!
My past sin washed clean by Your present sacrifice to secure my future inheritance!!
Now that’s what you call deliverance!
And as the river runs within its banks,
You call me to walk guarded within Your arms;

God says:
Look through my Word, look into my intents.
I purchased you from the contract of death to a contract of life, new terms;
Love me and let me demonstrate my love for you,
Live for me and I will cause life to bud in you.
Be reconciled to you King and the keys to the Kingdom will be freely given to you.
New love, new life, new terms.

Man says:
What have I done to deserve such favour;
That a God who would be justified to hammer me with penalties
Would instead elect to waiver?
I can only approach such a God thus:
I will love You;
I will serve You;
I will humble myself, bow down before You;
Would the passion of my heart be aligned to the Purpose of Yours!!
Make no mistake!
My resolve is firm, no Harlem can shake!!

1 comment:

  1. Enyewe, without God, my life has no meaning... I thank God He saved me.
    Beautiful piece. Keep on keeping on!!!

    ReplyDelete