Monday, January 16, 2012

FOUND FILTHY



Preface:
It is very easy to get caught up in the daily routines and forget what it’s like to live a little. I recently had the opportunity to visit Ole Kasasi.
This is partly inspired by everything I took in. But it only crystallised when I sat quietly.

Preface II:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but with God, everything you behold IS His beauty.
Making my life count for God’s fame and renown…

FOUND FILTHY
He desires a lifestyle that brings nothing but glory to Him,
His name is Elohim,
And I’m just another man,
A son of Adam.
He knows I have nothing to offer,
His renown should be all I’m after.
His fame should be my purpose,
My life His resource.

A light for this generation,
Inadequate and insecure…
That’s an accurate self-description.
Plagued by doubt,
Chasing my tail as if it can tell me what I’m about.
Unsettled by inactivity,
My faith a tiny ray,
Through an even tinier cavity.
Lord, are You there?
And do You hear?
I can’t seem to tune in...
Interference when I listen in...
It’s all static!
In fact it
Feels like I don’t have the frequency.
[Or is it me?]

I rack my brain,
Searching for truths about You.
You don’t expect me to know it all,
For I wouldn’t trust You for it all.
In my emptiness,
This vessel can only be filled by Your fragrance,
Your freshness.
How?
Through time spent with You
A cool hill top breeze.
But why?
[Pause]
And now I get it...
All You ever wanted,
Was time spent with me…
Yes…time spent with me…
…Me?
[eyes water]
I don’t think You get it…
Why me?
... so filthy…
A floor rug that You embrace to Your face.

Do you get it?




No comments:

Post a Comment