Saturday, April 2, 2011

PICTURE POETRY ft JOe@FRONTLIGHT

(This is a remix of a fantastic old post )

(Allow me to make a bold statement here...)
LOVE IS INCONVENIENT!!!
If it was up to me,
See,
I would have let go,
A long time ago.
Because never before,
Have I experienced anything so...
Out of my way,
So... inconvenient,
So... exhausting,
With the longing,
And the patience,
When defiance,
Would be a much better approach,
A better way to handle,
The tears,
And the pain.
I’d rather claim,
Irreconcilable emotional differences,
And Usain Bolt,
Straight out the door,
And ignore all;
Than to continue,
On this path-
With its fears,
And nothing to hold onto,
But a dream...
And a promise...
And a fond memory,
Of what the grand picture is meant to be.



A beautiful night sky of stars and moonlight,
Was the theme;
A cloudy moonless night,
Is what we were dealt.




And even as I fight not to let this,
Overwhelm my senses,
I have often thought this “LOVE” thing senseless,
And gross in its entirety!
That’s why I thank God,
That the salvation of humanity,
Rested on another,
And not me.
For love is inconvenient,
And must be unconditional,
Or it isn’t love at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment